Online Degree Programs
- Founded in 1921 as a living memorial to those who gave their lives in World War I
- A leading teaching and research university
- Nearly 20,000 full-time and distance learning students
- 170,000 alumni worldwide
- 16 National Teaching Awards for outstanding and distinctive contributions to teaching and learning
- The best institution in the UK for preparing students for the world of work (Association of Graduate Recruiters, 2016)
Every year the University of Leicester welcomes nearly 2,000 new distance learners onto their courses, from 170 culturally diverse countries, including Singapore and surrounding Southeast Asian nations.
What is distance learning?
- All you need is a good internet connection
- Combine achieving a qualification with work or family commitments
- Develop your career without having to leave employment
- Apply new knowledge and insight directly into your working life
DISTANCE LEARNING AT LEICESTER
- A pioneer of distance learning education
- Over 25 years’ experience offering high quality distance learning
- One of UK’s largest providers of distance learning courses
- Supported study from University tutors
- Access to our dedicated Library services for distance learners
- Over 36,600 distance learning graduates to date.
Benefits – to the individual
- Improved knowledge and understanding of business, finance and organisations
- Improved performance at work and develop decision making skills
- Increased credibility and confidence in dealing with colleagues and superiors
- Utilising your own experience in the learning process
- Development an analytical approach to development and training
Benefits – to employers
- Develops skills of the individual adding to the organisation’s skill/knowledge base
- Minimum disruption to working life
- Encouraged to follow pathways most appropriate to job role
- Ability to identify, critically analyse and evaluate a particular issue of interest in the organisation through research
- Graduates highlight: increased confidence; new ideas to inform practice; networking opportunities; and personal intellectual development
The program has opened my eyes to many disciplines and habits I was not accustomed to before.
A big thank you goes to all of my tutors and supporting staff at Leicester that made this journey as pleasant and educational as possible. “
The course gives me another perspective which helps me evaluate situations better and make more effective decisions. "